How important is it that we source the best possible quality raw materials for the best possible price? It’s critical.
Everything we do is founded on sourcing quality in quantity for our customers, so protecting and delivering their brand promises and ensuring optimum taste and flavour for the consumer.
So we’ve also ensured that we are experts in sourcing, putting in place the processes and people that consistently deliver for our customers.
We are Global
We source fruit from every part of the world:
- North, Central and South America
- Northern, Central Europe and Mediterranean regions
- Africa, India and the Far East
So our procurement teams in the UK and Europe travel far and wide to source the highest quality from leading suppliers. We also have the technology in place to enable us to stay abreast of the latest crop and harvest information, market pricing and material availability.
We are Ethical
Because we source raw materials from around the world, we need to be confident that our suppliers meet our high ethical standards. We only work with approved suppliers and through stringent audit processes, we check that each of their employment policies comply with the ETI (Ethical Trading Initiative) Base Code.
This is founded on the International Labour Organisation (ILO), is an internationally recognised code of labour practice and covers:
- Employment is freely chosen
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour shall not be used
- Living wages are paid
- Workings hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practised
- Regular employment is provided
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed
We also comply with the AIJN Ethical Code of Practice.