Quality in Quantity - Guaranteed
Our approach to ensuring quality is nothing less than rigorous. And it’s why our customers, big and small, trust us to deliver their products again and again.
We have embedded quality systems at every level; building company, team and individual goals into the framework of our internationally recognised quality management system. And to help us achieve those goals, we have put in place a team of experienced and qualified technical specialists with knowledge of:
- Quality management systems
- Product, process and packaging technology
- Analytical techniques and methods
- Legal compliance
Particular areas of focus for stringent quality control can be seen in Product Development and Sensory Analysis.
We also go beyond our regulatory responsibilities in assuring quality, creating the standards that set the industry benchmark:
- Our In-house Supplier Audit programme carries out regular supplier performance reviews.
- Our Authenticity-testing programme aims to ensure that all our raw materials comply with the European Fruit Juice Regulation and the various AIJN (European Fruit Juice Association) codes of practice.
- Our dedicated and experienced teams of laboratory technicians thoroughly assess samples from around the world before use.
- Our raw material specialists keep up to date with all new legislation, quality and authenticity issues by attending seminars.
- Senior Refresco people help to shape policies and practices in key European and international associations, including EQCS (European Quality Control Systems), IFU (International Fruit Union) and AIJN (European Fruit Juice Association).
We work only with suppliers who adhere to one or more of the following international quality standards:
- ISO Quality Standards 9001, 14000, 22000
- BRC standards (British Retail Consortium)
- IFS International Food Standard
And we encourage them to join the SGF Irma scheme, which stands for Sure-Global-Fair.
- BRC Global standard for Food Safety
- ISO 9001
- ISO 4001
- OHAS 18001