Global & Ethical
Our professional procurement teams travel far and wide to secure the highest quality from the leading suppliers across North, Central and South America, Northern, Central Europe and the Mediterranean regions, as well as from Africa, India and the Far East.
We’ve worked hard to build our knowledge and to stay abreast of market activity (category management), pricing and availability (sourcing). We have strong relationships with producers and sellers worldwide. And we have put in place the policies and practices that maximise quality, quantity and consistency of supply.
We also take our responsibility as ethical producers seriously and have adopted the ETI Base Code, an internationally recognised code of labour practice founded on the conventions of the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
We check that our suppliers’ employment policies comply with the ETI (Ethical Trading Initiative) Base Code, which ensures that:
- Employment is chosen freely
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour shall not be used
- Living wages are paid
- Workings hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practised
- Regular employment is provided
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed
We also comply with the AIJN Ethical Code of Practice.